Friday, April 17, 2015

Creating - Hobonichi and Fauxbonichi

Today I want to blog about journaling and having some creative fun with it!  A couple of weeks ago I discovered "adult type coloring books" sounds funny I know, but very relaxing...and fun!  I love coming home from work, turning on a little Netfilix and coloring for a bit to de-stress.  I found that this has also gotten me in the mood to be more creative again. 

I may have mentioned a while back that I like keeping a weight loss journal to track my weight, write down my food, workouts and just notes from the day.  The little boring journal I have been using is about full and it just so happens last week while on Instagram I discovered Hobonichi!  From what I have been learning here is a bit about Hobonichi -

Hobonichi
Hobonichi is a popular Japanese brand notebook/daily planner sold in Japan. First released in 2002 they were only in Japanese.  In 2013 they introduced them in English! The book is structured with a yearly overview section, monthly pages, various informational pages in the back, and most importantly, one full page dedicated to each day. Daily pages display the current moon phase, the day/week of the year, and short quotations from a variety of sources.  You can purchase different covers for your Hobonichi, which are all really cute!  Now because the English Hobonichi starts with January...and it's almost May I couldn't see purchasing this.  Which leads me to the Fauxbonichi...

Fauxbonichi
Fauxbonichi is an alternative to purchasing a HobonichiThe term fauxbonichi is a play on the words "faux" (or fake) and the brand Hobonichi. There are several groups out there who recommended different types of journals to use and how to set them up to look like a HobonichiThere are many different ways to create your own, the most common way is to find a grid-lined journal or notebook.  Many people on the sites I read like the Miquel Rius journal which can be found at Barnes & Noble (this is where I bought mine for $9.99).

What I love most about the Hobonichi/Fauxbonichi is that YOU have the ability to create a system that works best for you.  There are many different set-ups, styles, preferences to choose from!  Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and Pintrest are wonderful places to look around for more ideas.

So, now that I have my mind set to create a Fauxbonichi and supplies purchased - This weekend I will be letting my creative juices flow!  I have looked at so many samples online that I decided my Fauxbonichi will be used still to track my weight, food intake, workouts, etc.

I look forward to sharing more of this as I work on it this weekend!  Of course I'm also thinking of making some type of cover for my journal as well! LOL!

Have a healthy & happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)