Thursday, June 20, 2013

spaghetti squash & vegetable casserole

Yesterday was a happy day for me as I now fit into the smallest size of pants that I own!  I can really see how the running has made a difference in how my body not only feels, but looks.  Vegan chicks are hot I tell you!!  LOL! Okay, that came from this awesome video:



Really glad that Tuesday night I cooked up my spaghetti squash ahead a time for Wednesday nights dinner.  Made whipping this up quick and easy.  The recipe came from Undressed Skeleton, but I did make a few changes.  Here is my version, enjoy!

Spaghetti Squash & Vegetable Casserole

Ingredients

5 Cups of cooked Spaghetti Squash (I used 2 small ones)
1 Red Onion, diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
1 T. Garlic
2 T. Vegetable Broth
1 Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
1 T. Garlic Powder
1 T. Cumin
2 T. Red Pepper Flakes
5 Large Tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 Jar Pasta Sauce (no salt)
1 T. Parsley Flakes
1 T. Nutritional Yeast
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet heat Vegetable Broth over medium-high and add red onions, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes.  Crumble up Tofu and add along with garlic powder, cumin and red pepper flakes into skillet. Cook for another 3-5 minutes and then remove from heat.  Add up the already cooked spaghetti squash and pasta sauce, mix together.  Using a large baking pan place sliced tomatoes (save about 4 slices for the top) along the bottom and then fill with vegetable mixture.  Top with a few sliced tomatoes, parsley flakes and nutritional yeast. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.  It may get saucy so watch as baking to make sure it does not boil over.  Serve over a bed of spinach or Quinoa. Note: next time I think I might add a couple cups of fresh spinach to the mix as well, didn't care for how much liquid there was after it cooked.

When you cook up something healthy you can shop for super cute clothes to fit your rockin' body!  I love Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth blog and shop.  I had to order this cute little tank top today...I mean, how could I have not?!?  LOL! They are available in several different colors along with tee shirts and other items. 

Well, there will not be any cooking in my house tonight as we now have a fridge PACKED with tasty and healthy leftovers. I love opening our fridge and having so many wonderful options to choose from.  It makes choosing wrong near to impossible!

Enjoy your Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it and congrats on your jean size! That's fantastic!

    Lee Anne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)