Wednesday, June 19, 2013

carrot ribbon pasta in a jar

Was blessed to have my teenage daughter join me yesterday at the gym for the first time! Didn't do my normal 5k workout and instead hit the cardio machines to shake up my workout some. I felt amazing when I got home and had non-stop energy!  So much in fact, that I thought I would try something new for lunch the rest of this week.  Introducing Carrot Ribbon Pasta in a Jar!

Carrot Ribbon Pasta in a Jar

Makes: 4 jars

Ingredients

4 Large Carrots
2 T. Vegetable Broth
1 Onion, diced
1 T. Garlic (I used jar Garlic)
1 Zucchini, diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
1 t. Garlic Powder
1 t. Cumin
1 T. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
8 oz. Jar Diced Green Chilies
16 oz. Can Black Beans (no salt), rinsed
1/2 Jar Pasta Sauce (no salt)

Clean carrots and using a vegetable peeler removed the outside and discard.  Peel the rest of the carrots into a pot of water.  Peel all carrots and place pot onto stove top.  Cook at High until water bowls for 3 minutes.  Remove and strain.

On stove top sauté the diced onion and garlic in vegetable broth for 3-5 minutes on medium-high. Add in zucchini, orange bell pepper and spices and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in green chilies and drained black beans.  Remove from heat and stir in carrots and pasta sauce until well coated.  Once cool, place into mason jars and refrigerate for lunches.

You could add so many other great vegetables - another great way to clean out your fridge and use up your veggies before they go bad!

After I finished up cooking lunch I roasted a couple Spaghetti Squash for tonight's new recipe....fingers crossed this one turns out yummy! Also working on a vegan dessert, but that one still needs some playing with.  I think I could live in the kitchen I love cooking SO MUCH! 

New family news: we are taking in a new foster Cavalier puppy this weekend!  Our rescue just got in seven new Cavaliers from Missouri puppy mills.  We are fostering a little almost one-year-old Tri colored female. Right now they are being looked over by our vet. We normally do not know of medical problems until they get here, but we always welcome them into our loving arms unconditionally!

Make your Wednesday a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)