Tuesday, June 25, 2013

edamame-potato salad wraps

Sunday I whipped up a new lunch mix to get J and I though the week.  I love making one large batch of something and not having to worry about it all week long.  I used my edamame-potato salad mix a couple of different ways: in a wrap, in a mason jar to top of sprouts and just over a bed of spinach.  All very tasty!  Oh, J liked his between two pieces of whole wheat bread!

 
Edamame-Potato Salad Wraps

 
1 Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed

4 Red Potatoes, cooked

1 Bag  Frozen Edamame

1 Red Onion, diced

1 small can Green Chilies

1 can Artichoke Hearts

2/3 C. Hummus

2 T. Sunflower Seeds, without shells

1 T. Garlic Powder

1 T. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend

Collard Greens for wraps

Wrap tofu in paper towels and place something heavy on top for about 15 minutes.  Clean and microwave red potatoes for 8 minutes or until done.  Slice red onion and Artichoke hearts and place in a large bowl. Rinse and drain frozen Edamame.  Once potatoes are cooled dice and add to bowl.  Add Edamame, green chilies, sunflower seeds, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash and hummus (add a much hummus as needed for a well-covered mixture).

Clean collard greens well.  Place mixture into each leaf along with any extras (sprouts/avocado/tomato/etc.).  Wrap and enjoy!  I also take to work in mason jars with just some sprouts and mix, skipping wrapping them up.

Later I will have to share my recipe for oil free hummus!

Hoping to get back up on that treadmill at the gym today.  I have been feeling better, yet today I think I slept funny on my hip and have had some on and off again pain.  Sucks getting old!  LOL!  I am just trying not to get lazy and fall back into my non-exercise habit.  I think having hit my 30 lb. weight-loss goal and wearing size 6/4 again I am playing the "Oh, Katherine you're fine here...go eat, have some beer, relax!" recording over and over again in my head.  I need to snap out of that and work towards losing the next 5 lbs. and running my 5k in a shorter time.  Need that jolt of motivation to my brain!  How do you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)