Friday, September 13, 2013

vegan sloppy joes & coleslaw

Sorry I have been missing in action this week, but boy what a week it has been.  Thinking I might have a sinus infection (I will find out more hopefully this evening), work has been non-stop CRAZYVILLE and we hung out with some friends earlier this week.  I am really in need of some weekend!  I had planned on making vegan sloppy joes & coleslaw ALL week long but only finally had the opportunity Thursday night.  My husband again gave this one TWO thumbs UP!!  It was delish!!

Adapted From: Vegedout

Vegan Sloppy Joes & Coleslaw

 

 Vegan Sloppy Joes

  • 1 package Crumbled Seitan
  • 1 Onion, diced
  • 1 Red (or Green) Pepper, diced
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetable Broth
  • 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
  • 1 six oz. can Tomato Paste
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1 teaspoon Molasses
  • 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
  • 3 tablespoons of BBQ or Koran BBQ Sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method: Heat Vegetable broth in large skillet and sauté the onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Serve on whole wheat buns with coleslaw.

Vegan Coleslaw

  • 1 bag Coleslaw Mix
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup cashew cream (from 1 cup raw cashews blended with 1 cup water, soak cashews for a few hours before blending if you don’t have a power blender, save excess cashew cream for another use.)
  • 2 tablespoons  Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Raw Agave
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method: Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and chill until ready to serve.

I really have no idea where I am this week.  It has felt like the longest week of my life, yet last weekend seems like just yesterday! LOL!

Last weekend I broke out the fall decorations and started decorating!!  OMG I adore fall.  It may be 100+ degrees outside, but inside I am celebrating.

Hey, did you know that soy pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks are NOT vegan?!?   Nooooo......there is dairy product in the syrup they use.  That did kill some of my Fall spirit, but there is the Chi Tea Latte I guess.

Getting Prada in the Fall mood too - ordered a cute new collar and clip on flower that is adorable!!  I love Dogs by the Bay on Etsy.  I'll leave you with a couple of photos and then hopefully back next week feeling much better!

New collar

Flower that clips onto the collar

Prada napping - I love this Greyhound!

1 comment:

  1. so comforting! i also started pulling out the fall stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)