Wednesday, September 25, 2013

fall is around us

Finally Fall is here!!  Arizona is even having some odd early cool weather and yes....wait for it....I wore boots to work on Monday!!  LOL!  It's really only cool in the morning and evening, but heck I just turn the AC way down at work and it's all good.

So, now the house is decorated - Prada has a pretty fall collar - I've started buying a few Fall clothing items - Making yummy Black Bean with Sweet Potato Soup....heaven!!



I even think I am finally over my cold and trying to get back into the swing of things.  Do you find that one thing can throw you off the healthy track?  Some times I really think my life is a roller coaster ride when it comes to being healthy and staying healthy.  Eating fresh and healthy...on top of the roller coaster hill...death of dog, bad cold, traveling, etc...roller coaster ride down that hill...quickly.  It's the climb back up that is the hard part.  Feels almost like I am pushing that roller coaster back up the hill, slipping at times and falling back down, pushing again, then back down.  Sure you get the picture. 


I am still eating healthy, but cooking less at home and eating out more.  Which involves crappy junky vegan food most of the time.  Oh, and beer.  Ugh.  Result -> the scale has gone back up.  What to do, what to do?  Guess the answer is pretty easy - ummmm....workout and eat healthy!  Why is it so hard to do?  LOL!

Another downfall of not taking care of yourself - you become lazy when it comes to doing DIY projects!  I have yet to start on the new End Table to Dog Bed, which I really need to get to work on as Steeler LOVES the other bed that I made, and I need to work on the den.  Ugh, I have so many ideas for that room but no motivation to work in there.

Okay, enough.  Time to change this around and get that roller coaster back up the hill!

For me, setting small daily goals works best. Today's goals:

  • Eat healthy, no processed junk food
  • Walk/Jog with Prada this evening
  • Whip up vegan burgers tonight, for dinner later this week
  • Take a photo of the "CREATE" letters from Pottery Barn that are on my den wall and put up on Craigslist tomorrow to sell 
Think that will do for one evening!  What are your goals for the day?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)