Tuesday, October 1, 2013

vegan hungarian goulash

I'm sure there are some Hungarians who would shame me for making a vegan Hungarian goulash, but hey it's REALLY good!!  This is NOT the goulash I was subjected to eating as a child and swore I would never feed my kids. No, this is so much better I promise you!

Vegan Hungarian Goulash


Ingredients:
  • Vegan Tofurky Italian Sausage, diced up
  • 3T. Vegetable Broth 
  • 1 large Onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
  • 1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 2T. Paprika
  • 2 T. Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
  • 1 teaspoon of Pepper
  • 1 28oz can of Diced Tomatoes
  • 16 oz vegan sour cream
  • Whole Wheat Bowtie Pasta

Heat the vegetable broth in a large and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Stir in Mushrooms.  Stir in diced tomatoes and seasonings. Slowly stir in flour. Stir in vegan sour cream and sausage, let simmer while pasta is cooking.

While sauce is simmering cook pasta per the directions.  Once done, drain and stir into sauce.  Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.  Enjoy!

I have still been feeling under the weather a bit, but eating has been better - exercise? Don't ask lol.  Really, please don't.  I promise the running shoes will be on at some point this week!  :)  Need to drop a couple of these pounds before my 44th 35th Birthday this weekend.

Speaking of my birthday, when we moved back from Germany my mother brought home ribbon that I have had stashed for YEARS and finally thought of something to do with it! 


There is a great martingale collar store on Esty called Hound Haberdashery and she made this just for Prada!  I love it, looks stunning on her!  Perfect for October.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)