Wednesday, October 9, 2013

vegan potato mushroom & kale enchiladas

I have been a little slow sharing this recipe.  I blame it on two things - 1. It's getting dark out when we eat and harder to take a photo of it. 2. They are so good that I forget all about taking a photo!!  LOL!  I made up almost two pans of this and let me tell you, just as good the next day and the day after that!!  We enjoyed ours with a side of black beans, but rice would also be just as good.


Vegan Potato Mushroom & Kale Enchiladas



Ingredients
2 Large Russet Potatoes, diced
1 Cup Mushrooms, diced
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 T. Vegetable Broth
1 Bunch Kale, rinsed and dried
1 T. Cumin
1 T. Chili Powder
1/4 Jalapeno Peppers, diced
8-10 Whole Wheat Tortillas
2 10 oz. Cans of Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Can Diced Green Chilies

In a large pot fill with water and diced potatoes and bring to a boil.  Cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large sauté pan add vegetable broth on medium high heat Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.  Add the mushrooms and kale for about 10 minutes until kale is cooked and wilted down. Add the potatoes, cumin, chili powder and jalapeno peppers and cook for another 7-10 minutes.

In a large rectangular pan spread a little green enchilada sauce on the bottom.  Using the whole wheat tortillas spoon mixture in the middle and roll up, then place in pan. Repeat until mixture is all used up.  Once all of the enchiladas are in the baking pan pour green enchilada sauce completely over and finish with diced green chilies (black olives could be used as well).

Cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!!  They warm up great the next day as well.

I am enjoying the start of our Arizona Fall.  Do wish we had changing leaves, but I'll take the cooler weather. We have started spending a lot more time outside and I've started buying Prada some jackets to help keep her warm.  Greyhounds have low body fat and get just as cold or hot as we do.  Hoping to whip out my sewing machine this weekend and play around with some ideas for her as well.

Seeing way too many cute apparel items that I think need to be added to my closet as well.  Loving some of the fashion trends!  I really could use some time at the gym if I want to rock the skinny jeans....ugh.  Why does that never sound fun??

Eat healthy and enjoy your hump day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum that sounds so good! You do have "kate" instead of kale in the title! LOL - I had a good chuckle from that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)