Thursday, January 30, 2014

hello?....hello?....oh, yes there you are!

I know, I suck.  I truly suck and I apologize for missing for so long.  Not sure what happened.  Work got busy.  Stopped being a healthy vegan.  Stopped working out.  Well - That all changed the beginning of this month when the husband and I realized we REALLY needed to get back to our healthy vegan self's!!

To make sure I really stayed on track I talked my co-workers into another weight loss challenge starting the beginning of January running until May (I'm down 10 lbs. already!!).  Back outside getting my walk (some times run) back on.  My husband and I have also gone more raw vegan which we are loving!  Also gave up the drinking.  Since losing all of my weight and introducing beer back into my diet I started have HORRIABLE stomach issues.  Quit drinking - GONE.  Life is SO much more enjoyable now!!

One of the benefits of eating raw - IT'S SO FAST making dinner!!  Even on the nights the husband works I can whip up something delicious in minutes!  For example, this little gem I made last night.  The original recipe is from Skinny Limits, but I myself was "Limited" with the ingredients I had on hand and came up with this:

 

Raw Vegan Carrot Noodles with Pesto and Mushrooms & Onion

 
Noodles:
 3 large carrots, peeled into noodles (I used just my standard peeler.

Mushrooms:
1 cup of mushrooms, diced.
1/4 cup of red onion, diced.

Pesto:
  • 3-5 cups spinach (less if making for 1 person, more if making for 2+)
  • 1/2 cup raw walnuts
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1 peeled garlic clove
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
  • 1/4-1/2 cup water, as needed
  • 1 teaspoon agave
To make the pesto: pulse all the ingredients together in your food processor until it reaches the consistency and flavour you want.  Add more water if needed.  Toss with your carrot noodles and add the mushrooms and red onion, mixing well. Top with sun roasted tomatoes and Sriracha to spice up if needed (I like mine HOT).

You can check out my new Pintrest board for 2014 for more raw and vegan ideas!  This year for Super Bowl we are trying something totally whack and crazy - a full raw vegan menu!!

Other Catch Up News

I am getting close to my one year full vegan anniversary in March!!  I cannot tell you how much I love eating vegan, even when I was eating crappy vegan.  I still over all feel MUCH better and look better.  After my first weight loss challenge at work and I lost 30 lbs.  I did gain about 15 of those back, but still that's not too bad.  I am really watching my eating and getting my butt back outside working out.  For Christmas the husband bought me a Samsung Galaxy Gear Watch and I LOVE it!!  It has a wonderful pedometer and have been setting daily goals to help motivate me.

We have a new foster dog!!  She is a special needs Cavalier like our iHop. Sweet iLean is missing a paw too!  She is the cutest thing ever and a huge love bug!!  You can find more information on iLean and Petfinder.

Other than that we have just been chugging along at life.  The beginning of December my newly turned 17 year-old daughter was hit from behind while driving.  Not her fault, but a Gilbert Dentist who never stopped and left the scene.  Thank goodness a witness stopped, but we are now fighting him as he won't show insurance and man up to what he did. Ugh.

Prada our Greyhound is also doing great!  The Arizona Adopt a Greyhound is doing their first 5k event and I am GOING to sign up!!  LOL!  This is what I am telling myself.  Don't think Prada can make it that far, but should be a really fun day!!

Okay, I'm back - until next time - Eat and stay healthy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)