Friday, January 31, 2014

who's ready for some weekend?

So excited for Super Bowl weekend...heck, just excited for the weekend period!  This will be our first "raw" Super Bowl AND no beer!!  Yikes, we might actually remember how the game ends lol!  I am really looking forward to making my first raw pizza!  I do not have a dehydrator yet, so using the oven on the lowest setting.  Fingers cross it's as good as the football game should be! 

Big News - I signed up for my first 5k yesterday!!  It's not until the middle of March, but I am really looking forward to it!!  My super duper husband will be there cheering me on.  :)

Last night we enjoyed a wonderful tofu dish.  I found this on Vegan Richa, but made a few changes.  My husband does not care for cubed tofu, so I sliced the tofu super thin and cooked it until crisp which ended up being awesome!

Spicy Orange Tofu and Peppers



Ingredients
4 tsp Cornstarch
1/4 Cup water
4 Tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp maple syrup, agave or 1 Tbsp raw sugar
1+ Tbsp Asian Hot Chili paste/ or 4 tsp of Sriracha (or to taste)
Juice of 1 cutie or orange

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 package of Firm Tofu (pressed and thinly sliced)
2-3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped/sliced
1 Red and Orange pepper
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1/4 Cup sliced Jalapenos

Directions:
In a bowl, whisk cornstarch and water. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple, hot chili sauce and orange juice, and reserve.
 
Heat oil in a very large nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu to pan and cook, browning on most sides, about 6-8 minutes. Cover the pan if there is too much sputtering. Because I sliced my tofu thin, it filled the pan quickly so I had to cook it in two batches.  I just placed the first batch on a plate and then threw back in once the second batch was brown.  Add garlic and red onion and sliced bell peppers and cook for half a minute. Add the sauce and jalapenos and cook until sauce begins to bubble (2-4 minutes). Then reduce heat, cover and cook for another 2 minutes or until thick. Serve on top of quinoa.
 
Enjoy!
 

Other Weekend Happenings

Taking the foster pup iLean to the groomer tomorrow.  The poor girl is SO furry and a bit of a mess.  I think she will feel better all cleaned up.  Pretty sure this will be her first time to a groomer, lucky for us we have a wonderful gal that we use.
 
Also on my agenda - cleaning up our bikes and going out for a ride!! I use to take iHop along with us, but not sure if he would fit in the basket anymore!  He's getting a little "thick" but please don't tell him I told you that.  :)
 
Next week I promise to be back and share a bit of our weekly raw diet.  Both my husband and I are not only enjoying everything that we make to eat, but if you are looking for a way to start dropping some lbs. - this is IT!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)