Tuesday, February 4, 2014

food better than a football game

Hope everyone had a healthy, safe and enjoyable Super Bowl!  The game was a blow out, but the food...amazing!  I felt like we ate and ate, but thank goodness come Monday morning for my work weight loss challenge weigh-in I did NOT gain a pound (down a total of12 lbs.)!!  Woohoo!!  Here are some links to the amazing raw dishes I whipped up:

First up, Red Pepper Stuffed with Confetti Guacamole (less the red peppers) and served it as a dip, AMAZING!! Also to save TONS of calories we used collard greens to wrap all of our dips up in (FYI only 10 tortilla chips have 74 calories).  I promise, we didn't even MISS the chips!!  You will also notice the cheese sauce in the photo, you can find that HERE.  Again, raw and YUM!

The second dip I made was Raw Spicy Fiesta Corn Dip, this one my husband couldn't say OUT of! LOL!  Both dips were VERY easy to make and TWO thumbs up!!  The food was pretty much way better than the game.  Both my husband and I munched through out the game but for our main meal I did my first raw pizza!!  I don't have a dehydrator yet, so I used the oven at the lowest setting for about 4 hours.  The crust was super easy to make, yet is it like real pizza? No, not at all.  Very crispy more cracker like, but still good.  I made a pesto to top mine with along with some raw veggies.

This Super Bowl also marked a first for us, NO beer.  All in all, I have to say it was one of the nicest Super Bowls I have had.  Good food and just me and the husband.  Since it is February the month of love - Super Bowl 20 years ago was the night my husband proposed to me.  He asked again this Sunday if I would marry him again, and of course I said yes again.  Love you honey!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)