Wednesday, February 12, 2014

food and yet MORE food!

Things have been busy!  I came down with a cold last Friday which slowed me down a bit over the weekend, but since Monday I have been feeling great again.  Last night was another one of those....where did this evening go?....days.  Our foster puppy iLean was adopted!!  So, before the family came over the husband and I got a great walk in (weather in AZ is amazing!!). 

Then there was dinner...OMG.  I took a few bits and pieces and came up with this must have again dinner:

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Lentil Cashew Cakes
all topped with Roasted Red Pepper Cashew Cream

While the Brussels Sprouts were roasting it gave me plenty of time to make the Lentil Cashew Cakes and blend up the cream sauce.  My husband and I both have never been "Brussels Sprouts" people, but since eating vegan we have grown to crave them all of the time!

Frozen Pizza Review

Over the weekend we indulged and tried our first Daiya dairy-free Cheese pizza (we did add some jalapenos to it).  The husband I both gave it two thumbs up!  Was it great pizza? No, but hit the spot for something quick and easy!  The crust was nice and crispy (we cooked directly on the oven rack) and the 'cheese' was really creamy.  They are on the pricy side, but we found them on sale which is why we decided to buy it.  I would definitely stock a few in the freezer to have for those "in a pinch" meals.

First 5k

Yes, my first 5k is coming up quickly!!  I am excited and nervous.  I love that my first one is more of a "fun" event and not so serious.  Prada will be joining me for some of the run/walk - this is her training with iHop:


As you can see, she's not really worried.  I guess being a Class A Racing Greyhound I pretty much run like a loser to her!  LOL!  I have come to the realization that at almost 45 years of age I will never be a "real" runner, I enjoy walking so much more, and I am okay with that.  To lose weight and take care of yourself you do NOT need to be some star athlete, you just need to MOVE your body.  Since January 2nd I have lost 14 lbs. and it was NOT from hitting the gym seven days a week...not even ONE day a week.  I walk.  Eat vegan (raw as much as I can) and that's it.  I enjoy everyday and that makes it fun for me.  Find what you love and do it!  Just move your body today, you'll be glad you did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)