Friday, February 21, 2014

enchiladas or tacos?

The husband worked Tuesday night and I thought it would be better to pre-cook dinner for Wednesday since there was a lot of slicing and dicing involved (and I wanted to walk before dinner on Wednesday!).  My plan was to take this Black Bean Enchilada recipe but cut out the tortillas to save some calories.  I bought Romain lettuce to wrap up the enchiladas but, my error - I should have bought collard greens.  However, the best part about being vegan - Is you can create dinner as you go!  So, for the last two nights we have enjoyed Black Bean Tacos topped with Chipotle Cream Sauce and Spanish Rice!





I started with a recipe from Oh, My Veggies, but not wrapping them up into enchiladas and cooking in the oven.  Instead, use Romain lettuce and make tacos out of them!  I also did not have any roasted red peppers left for her sauce and substituted that with a chipotle pepper...OMG so good!!  You can find the Spanish Rice recipe HERE.  I have to say, making the filling and Spanish rice the day before made it even BETTER!  The flavors were so much richer the next day.  Dinner was a two thumbs up hit!  We agreed that we couldn't have eaten better out at a restaurant it was THAT good.

Sad Day

Today my sweet Cavalier boy Avery would have been six years-old.  He was taken from us WAY to soon.  He was my very first Cavalier and just the PERFECT Cavalier at that.  He loved EVERYONE he met, loved to give kisses (way too many at times) and was my sweet boy.  When he passed away in July I started to lose my interest in taking care of myself.  Avery was the dog who loved to walk with me and I found myself really sad missing him.  I know he was "just" a dog, but I loved him very much.  It really took until January of this year for me to snap out of my funk.  Today has been a hard day looking at his photos and remembering what a wonderful little dog he was.  I was blessed to have him in my life, as short of a time as it was. Kisses sweet Avery.


Weekend Plans

Lots to be done this weekend!  I am REALLY looking forward to it all too!!  Farmers Market, Car Show, Art Fair and LOTS of cooking!!  The weather is just AMAZING in Arizona right now, so it should be a perfect weekend to be out and about.  I hope you have a great weekend at well and look forward to sharing some yummy food with you on Monday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)