Thursday, February 13, 2014

love is in the air...and smoky green chile white bean hummus!

Yes, tomorrow is the day for LOVE or steak and sex night as my husband use to call it before our vegan days lol!  Before I chat about Valentine's Day plans for tomorrow I wanted to share an awesome oil free hummus recipe!!  I made this up Sunday and both my husband and I loved how it turned out.


Smoky Green Chile White Bean Hummus




INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 15 oz. cans of white Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained (*see note)
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1 4.5 oz. can of Diced Green Chilies
  • 1/4 cup Soy Sauce or Tahini (more if needed to thin out)
  • 1 tsp. Chile Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
  • 4 Roasted Garlic Cloves
  • 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
  • 1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce (or more if you like it HOT)
PREPARATION:
Place all of the ingredients in a high power blender and process until smooth. Add more Soy Sauce to make smoother if needed.

* Not sure what type of white beans to use, or if you can use something other than Great Northern Beans?  This is a great read on the difference between white beans, or if you are like me and have no idea what the differences are!

When i pack my hummus for lunch at work i will normally add a few sun dried tomatoes on top.  :)

Valentine's Day Plans

So, what are you up to tomorrow? I took the day off to spend with my husband and really we have a lot of nothing planned, but I am SO looking forward to it!!  There is a vegan restaurant we have been wanting to try so we are going to be smart and do lunch (skipping the crazy dinner crowd).  Then I am planning a nice dinner at home!!  The menu:

Raw Veggie Bread topped with Avocado Asparagus
Eggplant Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
and Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles for dessert!

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful and loving husband.  No idea how he puts up with this crazy redhead, but I am so glad that he does!  He makes me feel so loved everyday and i couldn't imagine not being married to my best friend.  Love you honey!! xoxo 

Happy Valentine's Day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)