Monday, March 24, 2014

vegan mexican pizza and weekend recap

How much can one person eat in a weekend?  Thinking WAY TOO much in my case!!  I have started giving myself a little more freedom when it comes to the weekend (still all vegan), and I am now paying for it.  Ugh, full and maybe a bit hungover from yesterday lol.

Weekend Recap

Friday we switched up the pizza I normally make and made a DELISH Vegan Mexican Pizza for dinner!  This had to be one of the best pizzas we have had in a while AND really made us feel like we were eating good old junk food.



Vegan Mexican Pizza


Ingredients
1 Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (we buy ours from Whole Foods)
1 Can Refried Beans
1 Onion, sliced
Peppers, sliced
Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
1 Can Sliced Black Olives
1 Tomato, diced
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes to taste


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll crust out and place on baking sheet.  Bake crust for 8 minutes and then remove from oven. I heated my refried beans up just to soften them, once warm spoon beans on to the crust and spread until covered.  Add onion, peppers, tomato and top with black olives.  Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes as needed.  Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is crispy and done.   Enjoy!  This was even better the next day too!

Saturday was my day of eating. I did get a great walk/run in first thing, it was a BEAUTIFUL morning out.  I haven't made a smoothie all winter and Saturday was the perfect Spring morning for one.  I whipped up an Orange, Banana, Beet and Almond smoothie perfection!  Great way to start the day.

Did get a little retail therapy in.  :)  That made me happy-happy-happy! My plan was to save my Vegan Mexican Pizza leftovers for dinner, but come lunch I was DYING for it!!  Seriously, even better than the night before.

Come dinner and I wasn't sure what I wanted to make, and then noticed the poor little Acorn Squash on the kitchen counter that begged to be cooked.  I made the most wonderful baked coconut acorn rings.  These are not only EASY but filling too.  Did you know that ONE acorn squash has LESS than 200 calories?!  Of course that does not count the coconut breading covering mine, but heck that's not bad!  I have made them before without the coconut breading and they taste awesome as well.

DIY break - I finally FINISHED painting the raised dog food dish stand for Prada!  I finished up the detail painting and clear gloss coated all of the legs and was ready for my husband to put it all together on Sunday!  I started this project MONTHS ago, it felt great to finally be done.

As Saturday evening came around and I had made some hot tea to have while watching Dallas Buyers Club  (awesome movie!!) and I started to get hungry for junk.  Ugh.  I started doing a little looking around and found this EASY recipe for Vegan Chocolate Banana Brownies! I did add some vegan chocolate chips on top of mine and they totally ROCKED! 

Sunday there was more "junk" eating than Saturday.  I made my husband a wonderful tofu scramble when he came home from work.  I love making a huge scramble so he'll have leftovers for a couple of days.  Then I was naughty - we went to the bar.  LOL!  French fries and a veggie lavash pizza...and beer.   But it was SO fun!! 


Prada's dog dish stand was FINISHED and ready to go!  John did a great job getting the legs on for me, however when I first showed Prada she wasn't too excited over it.  Maybe because there was no food in it?  LOL!

All in all, it was a good weekend.  Maybe I really didn't eat as much as I felt like I did now that I look back.  Looking forward to a new week and a few new recipes to try as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)