Wednesday, June 18, 2014

keeping it cool in the kitchen & a work in progress

Arizona summers can make cooking dinner an agonizing chore.  The heat of the stove top, heat of the oven...no thank you.  Since discovering raw cooking this past winter I KNEW this was my summertime cooking answer!  Last night was one of my favorite go to quick raw meals.  Bonus - it's SO easy to make!! Tip: If you do not like your food spicy just leave out the chipotle pepper.

Raw Vegan Spicy Avocado and "Pasta"



Ingredients:
2 Avocados, ripe
1 Lemon
1 Chipotle.Pepper
1/2 Red Onion, diced
2/3 Cup of Sliced Cherry Tomatoes

1 T. Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 T. Red Pepper Flakes
Raw Sunflower Seeds (optional)
2 Large Zucchini


Directions:
Using a spiral slicer, cut zucchini and place in large bowl. Dice red onion and cherry tomatoes and add to bowl.  In food processor add the meat from the avocados, juice from lemon, chipotle pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and salt.  Process until smooth.  Stir avocado sauce into the zucchini and veggies, coating it all really good.  Top with red pepper flakes and raw sunflower seeds.  Enjoy!

M’aimer pour que je suis

Back on the program this last week and feeling so much better.  Amazing how my outlook, skin and hair all of this healthy glow. Eating and health is a forever going battle I have decided.  I don't think anyone ever finds that it is not.  I mean, how could you not fight that battle day after day?  I am in search of that compromise-happy-healthy place when it comes to my diet.  I know and understand that I will battle this the rest of my life.  Am I happy about this, no but that is life I guess.  I just keep forging forward and keep a healthy positive attitude.  I get knocked down, I get right back up.

My body and mind are always a work in progress.  The older I become the more I have learned to accept myself, although it's not always easy.  The other day I found this tattoo on Pintrest and it really spoke to me. “M’aimer pour que je suis.” “Love me for what I am.”(and I love the placement of the tattoo!).  I see this as not for the reader but for myself.  I am learning everyday to love myself for what/who I am.  I am almost 45 years-old and still learning this. In my journal this week I made a list of what I love about myself.  I'm sure if I had a list 10 years ago there would be a huge difference.  Remember, we are always growing and involving. 

Are you still a work in progress?  Do you love yourself for what/who you are?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)