Tuesday, March 10, 2015

fitbit charge hr review


Fitbit Charge HR Review

I have to make a confession - I am a technology nerd.  Yes, it's true I love all techy things!  Being active and healthy again really gets me thinking about my overall health 24/7 and YES there are all kind of fun techy things for being healthy!!  I have several friends who are always posting their daily workouts and steps on Facebook/Instagram/etc. so last week I started looking into Fitbit.  Just this year they came out with the new Fitbit Charge HR.  Hummm...looked interesting - tracks your steps, sleep, heart rate and some other awesome features.  Loved the plum color option and thought it would be small enough to wear daily, so after reading many reviews and searching high and low where I might find it I came up with ONLY two store options on Saturday.

First was Wal-Mart - I showed they had limited stock at one store (only in black, I guess you cannot purchase plum yet).  After showing up at the store and someone else looking for the same item we quickly realized A. the store employee had no clue and B. they really didn't have any.

Next stop - Sports Authority.  This time I called ahead.  I think I was on hold half of the drive over lol.  Yes, they had it and were holding it for me!  Fitbit Charge HR comes in two sizes small and large.  I had read in the reviews that the small size was REALLY small, thankfully they had both sizes for me to try on and yes, the large fit the best.  Woohoo Fitbit Charge HR was coming home with me!

Setting it up - Pretty easy to do.  No directions come with it, it's all online.  Seemed pretty basic to use.  Nothing special really.  The first thing I noticed was that just sitting I was racking up the steps?!?  Hummmm....wasn't thrilled with that.  The Fitbit itself also had a hard time syncing to my phone most of the day.

Second day of wear - This is when it started getting uncomfortable to wear and was hurting my wrist.  Again the steps were WAY off!  This is when the "shine" of the Fitbit also wore off for me, and trust me I really tried to talk myself into liking it - $149 back in the checking account sounded better to me though lol.

So, over all not that impressed with the Fitbit Charge HR.  Maybe because my phone tracks my fitness so well and my Samsung Galaxy Gear Watch also tracks my steps pretty darn accurate I decided that I don't need another gimmicky
item....even though my techy self thought it rocked!  LOL!

Week Five

Saturday' Tofu Scramble
The back on track healthy lifestyle is going great!  I am at the point were I just about lose my mind if I can't get outside to walk!  LOL!  I think my dog Daphne is also benefiting from the walks as well!

Over the weekend we kept it clean - and even took it to the level of spring cleaning!  Need a great at home workout?  Clean out the master bedroom closet!  LOL!  Sunday I made my closet my bitch.  Everything came out, fully cleaned, four bags of Goodwill donations and five bags of garbage! I am so happy with the results and I am sooooooooooooo sore from all of the lifting and cleaning!  Nice to finish a weekend down on the scale Monday morning!

Hope you're having a healthy and happy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)