Thursday, March 5, 2015

will walk for food!

Are you kidding me, it's Thursday already?!?  Work has been so crazy busy and come the evenings I have no idea where my day has gone!  Arizona got hit with rain Tuesday and Wednesday, so my poor dog Daphne and I would stand outback watching the clouds just waiting for a break so we could get out and walk.  LOL!  I added up my miles this week and I have walked over SEVENTEEN miles!  I am back on that natural high and feeling great!  I remember just a few weeks ago sitting at the kitchen bar munching on a bag of chips...oooh couple of cookies....washing it all down with a couple of beers thinking to myself, "ugh, I have no desire to get outside and walk.  How did I ever do it??"  Thank God I am OUT of that crappy funk!!

So, I have to quickly share a couple of recipes I tried this pastweekend that you MUST know about!  The first is poblano “crema” enchiladas.  Now looking at my photo you may say, "Ummm...that doesn't look like enchiladas??"  Yes, I am A. Too lazy to roll them up, so instead I made mine into a casserole and B. I wanted to cut out the extra calories of putting olive oil on my tortillas to make them softer to roll.  So, there you have it.  They were maybe not as spicy as my husband and I normally like, but very good and worth making!!  The crème sauce makes a LOT of leftovers and works great as a salad dressing!!

Saturday nigh felt like a "naughty" night!  After searching a few stores we found Beyond Meats new Beast Burger!!  Normally I try and stay away from vegan "premade" meat products BUT when I found this recipe for vegan In-n-Out burgers my husband pretty much forced me to make them for him!  LOL!  We made a few healthy changes to the burgers; no bun, added some jalapenos and served on a bed of spinach. Now for the Beast Burgers - I cooked mine on a frying pan and wow they looked like real burgers cooking up!  These would be amazing on the grill this summer!!  They don't fall apart like most veggie burgers and do not have that "veggie" taste.  You really feel like you're eating something naughty!!  Now they are a little pricy, $6 for two burgers (Beyond Meat does have coupons on their webpage). Over all - Two thumbs up!

Keep it healthy and vegan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)