Monday, February 16, 2015

valentine's day vegan style!

With working on getting back to fit and healthy I made the husband promise NOT to buy me any vegan chocolate this year!  LOL!  Instead, I focused on a day of healthy and non processed goodness!  Since he worked Thursday and Friday I first made it my priority
to fully decorated the house to surprise him. I had pink and red hearts ALL over the place!!  Talk about putting you in the mood for love.

Our morning started with a bike ride to our favorite coffee shop and we had an extra surprise - they had live music!!  Right across the street is the Farmer's Market and sadly our vegan food truck was not able to make it.  No worries, we picked up some awesome juice from a local vendor.  It was awesome to see the market SO busy!!

Lunch was so much fun to make and easy - Raw Zucchini Sushi Rolls.  However, when your starving husband is standing over your shoulder it does add a little pressure!  LOL!  Next time I will make these up ahead of time.  You can find the recipe HERE.  Paired with edamame, it was YUM!

The husband and I also skip doing the "dinner out on Valentine's Day".  Unless you are eating at 3pm or after 9pm it just too crazy out there!  I made up a noodle free veggie lasagna, so we could celebrate at home in peace.  :) 

The best part of the evening...DESSERT!  Before choosing to eat a vegan diet I was never crazy about cheesecake, the husband loved it, but something about "cheese" and "cake" together freaked me out.  But since vegan cheesecake really does not have "cheese" in it...I was in!  These were SO easy to make and I'm sorry, BEYOND delicious!! You can find the recipe HERE.

I think over all this was the BEST Valentine's day ever!  Filled with love and great healthy food!

Week Two

Week one felt SO good!  Eating right, working out and not drinking is an amazing high! Somehow I even managed to drop SEVEN pounds!  Up maybe a pound after the weekend, but heading into week two strong and positive! Looking into improving my workouts and focus more on toning and leaning up....you do know summers coming right?  That means BATHING SUIT season!!  Bring it on, I will be ready to go!  I have a week of healthy vegan (non processed) meals on the menu, Sunday I made a HUGE bright salad for lunches this week and LOTS of fruits and veggies to snack on all week long!!
 
Make it a happy and healthy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)