Monday, July 29, 2013

food flops and joys

Flop
Not always do new recipes workout when you try them.  For me this weekend it was my Avocado Vegan Ranch Dressing and Almond Butter.  The dressing - just doesn't taste very good and the Almond Butter - never got creamy, just crumbles.  Crap happens, and you just go on to the next recipe. Just not sure if I can choke down the rest of my salad sitting here next to me today lol.

Joy
I did make Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Vegan Muffins that were YUM.  I do want to play with the recipe and cut out the oil and sugar some.  I also made my favorite Vegan Mac & Cheese for our family potluck on Sunday night.  I didn't tell anyone it was vegan, and let me just say - there was NONE left to bring home!

Other good food this weekend was dinner Friday night after getting my "Avery" tattoo.  I have only eaten at Pei Wei maybe twice in my life, but my husband was telling me a vegan co-worker of his said many of the dishes can be made with tofu instead of meat, well heck I had to try that out!  Before leaving work I got online to check out the menu so I could call it in and know what I wanted.  After my tattoo I called in at about 5:30ish and it was about a 30 minute wait, so what do you do? Ann Taylor Loft next door?  Hey, I'm shopping! Was beyond thrilled with my great sale purchase - $22 for some super cute dress capris AND in a size FOUR!!  Win-win for sure!  Dinner was also well worth the 30 minute wait!

Oh, and my Avery tattoo - I love it soooooooooooooo much!!  The grey shading around it will go down some with time, but it will remind me of my sweet Avery and he'll forever be at my feet.  You can also see Steeler peaking his head out from under my foot.  LOL!

Since I am unable to wear my running shoes for a couple of weeks I really need to watch my diet and keep it clean - sadly no more Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Vegan Muffins...sigh....  I also need to focus on at-home type of exercise I can do.  Also thinking it's a good time to get some projects done! 

Have you had a time when you were unable to do your normal workouts?  What did you do to keep on track during that time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)