Tuesday, July 30, 2013

over coming diy laziness

What do you do when you are unable to wear your running shoes and workout for a couple weeks?

Get organized with DIY projects that are started and NOT finished yet!  I have to say, I am really good at starting projects and not finishing them.  Do you find yourself doing the same thing??  I feel like I accomplished the weight loss, to accomplish a few other things would be nice.

I work full-time, married, two kids, (now) five dogs - I'm one busy chick with a needed five more hours added to my day!  So, today I made a list of things that I need to accomplish in hopes that I'll be able to check them all off soon.  My list:

  • Dog Room (this is a long to do list, but need to get started). We have cleaned out the room that use to be my den (scrapbook room) and will be our kick butt dog room soon! My goal just this week is to finish cleaning everything up, box it up and this weekend pull out the carpet.
  • Finish up End Table to Dog Bed project. Still have lots of painting, putting on the hardware and make the inside dog cushion.
  • Make Steelers tee-shirt (from Rome, but way too big) into a cool skirt for football season!
  • Learn how to make cool dog collars for my pups!
  • Finish Avery's Memory Box to hang up.
Okay, my full detailed list is MUCH longer than this one but it gives you an idea.  Just like with weight loss it is so easy to get caught up in everyday life and lose sight of the goal or finished project.  How many times do we tell ourselves, "Oh, I'll start eating better Monday." "Next week I will start going to the gym."
I know I have found what works best for me is a list -  something about checking them off makes me feel so accomplished!  Even with living a healthy lifestyle I will made daily goals of going to the gym, making a healthy meal, etc. Writing it out just really helps keep me on track.


How do you keep up with fitness goals or just everyday to do items?

I will finish by sharing a few photos from my End Table to Dog Bed project (that hopefully shorty will be DONE!!):


The Start


Legs cut off and primed for paint!


Painting!
Back of the bed
Feet for the bed being painted

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! How did you ever think to turn a table into a dog bed?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)