Tuesday, August 6, 2013

checking it off & introducing prada (not my handbag prada)

 
Really feels good to have some sweet DIY motivation going on right now.  I am even trying my hand at crocheting dog snoods, but I am in need of taking classes (will do after I finish my dog bed!). So, my DIY To Do List as of today:
 
 
  • Dog Room (this is a long to do list, but need to get started). We have cleaned out the room that use to be my den (scrapbook room) and will be our kick butt dog room soon! My goal just this week is to finish cleaning everything up, box it up and this weekend pull out the carpet. Still need to pull out the carpet and then baseboards.
  • Finish up End Table to Dog Bed project. Still have lots of painting, putting on the hardware and make the inside dog cushion. The backside is 100% done, finishing up the sides now.
  • Make Steelers tee-shirt (from Rome, but way too big) into a cool skirt for football season! Forgot to buy elastic for the waist.
  • Learn how to make cool dog collars for my pups! Ordered the hardware kit so I can start making them.
  • Finish Avery's Memory Box to hang up.
Feels great to actually check a few items off!  So, the dog snoods (if you're not sure what they are click HERE).  Cavaliers will wear them to keep their food out of their long beautiful ears (iHop has one!).  Greyhounds will wear them in the winter to keep warm.  Because they have no body fat they get cold very easily.  Why do I bring up the Greyhound?  Well.......we are looking at adopting our first Greyhound on Saturday!  Right now her name is Italy, but we are changing to Prada.  She is a stunning four year-old brindle retired racing hound.  She is being fostered up in Northern Arizona and we cannot wait to meet her.  We pray that he Cavaliers welcome her and they all get along.  Is she not stunning??  So, the snoods will be for her - once I figure out what the heck I'm doing LOL.

Prada the bag looks like this -
AAahhh.....so pretty too!  Tomorrow I will be sharing this weeks lunch recipe, Red Lentil Chili.  Was perfect for this rainy Arizona Tuesday! 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)