Thursday, August 8, 2013

simple banana nut cookies!

Still on my DIY kick and having a blast!  The End Table to Dog Bed project is coming along nicely.  The back and one side are now finished.  The other side should be done today and then it's onto the front.  Just unsure still how I want to paint that.  Cannot wait for the panting to be done and I can move onto making the bed cushion to go inside!

I am also doing well on crocheting my own dog snoods, once I figured out how to crochet a circle and not an infinity looking circle LOL. Just having fun practicing for now.  Lets just say, my Cavaliers will have warm necks this winter. 

While painting away last night and waiting for paint to dry I was in the mood for a snack.  Not much in the house, so with a quick look around I came up with these little babies.  Note, there is no sugar in them so they are a bit bland.  I would have used vegan chocolate chips, but sadly was out.  They were still good and tasted like banana nut bread!

Simple Banana Nut Cookies

Ingredients

2 Bananas
1 Cup Oats
1/3 Cup Nut Butter of your choice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Walnuts, pieces
1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl mash bananas with a fork.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm out of the oven!

Running Department
Not much happening there yet.  My foot tattoo is healing up nicely and hopefully next week I can wear my running shoes again!  Happily my weight is staying about the same, just my nice abs are staring to disappear a bit lol.

Count Down to Prada!
Yes, in just two more days we will be meeting our Greyhound Prada!!  I have her dog tag already and everything else she'll be coming with.  Nervous about having such a big dog in the house again and hoping she'll get along with the Cavalier gang.  Today my little iHop scared off a black lab - maybe he'll do fine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)