Wednesday, August 14, 2013

vegan chocolate banana blueberry nut bread

Darn sweet tooth of mine and bananas going bad.  What's a girl to do? Make bread!!  Now, is this moist to die for bread?  Maybe not, but I really wanted to make a bread that had no sugar/browns sugar/oil in it.  The blueberries do help some and if you are finding the batter to be a little dry, add a bit more apple sauce.  Overall, still VERY yummy!!

Vegan Chocolate Banana Blueberry Nut Bread


Ingredients:

3 large over-ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup of Apple Sauce (more if dry and needed)
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour

1/4 Cup Coco Powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt

1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Walnuts

1 Cup Blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F. Line your bread pan with parchment paper (or oil).  In a large bowl, mash up  bananas until smooth and slightly chunky. Add apple sauce, agave nectar and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, coco powder and salt, and stir to combine. Last, stir in walnuts and blueberries. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely in the pan before transferring to a plate. Enjoy!!

The Moose is Loose

Our newest family member is doing really good.  She still doesn't want to eat much, but is sleeping well and not eating any of the other dogs!  I have been going back and forth on her name.  I really feel like we need to change it, so her dog tag is being printed today and her name - Prada
I had to do a little moving her dog bed in the great room around last night.  She went to stretch out and knocked over the small end table LOL! I am just wanting for the morning I wake up and find her face looking over the bed at me, pretty sure I will be having a slight heart attack!

Keep an eye on my online store -new product coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)