Friday, August 23, 2013

what's cooking in your kitchen this weekend?

I am ready to make tamales this weekend!  My vegan Smokey Fiesta Black Bean Tamales were so amazing that I plan on making about four batches of them and freezing them up.  My darling husband has even volunteered to help - he'll be helping clean dishes and filling up beers!  I look forward to sharing photos on Monday!  Just hoping we don't eat them all this weekend.  LOL!

What are you cooking this weekend?

Update on my to do list:

  • Dog Room (this is a long to do list, but need to get started). We have cleaned out the room that use to be my den (scrapbook room) and will be our kick butt dog room soon! My goal just this week is to finish cleaning everything up, box it up and this weekend pull out the carpet.
  • Finish up End Table to Dog Bed project. Still have lots of painting, putting on the hardware and make the inside dog cushion.
  • Make Steelers tee-shirt (from Rome, but way too big) into a cool skirt for football season!
  • Learn how to make cool dog collars for my pups!
  • Finish Avery's Memory Box to hang up.

  • Yes, I am moving along on my list!!  Last night I made my skirt from my Steelers tee-shirt and love it!!  The shirt was a 3XL and didn't fit anyone, so what's a girl to do?  I just need someone to take a photo of me wearing it, but here is the "before" pic (along with Prada's behind)!  I think we are a little over ready for football season - Prada has a Steelers collar coming next week!  :)

    I have loved having my sewing machine out and actually creating things!!

    With most everything marked off of my to do list, time to update it:

    To do List
    • Dog Room - Remove items still on the wall, patch any nail holes and prime walls.
    • Make my first dog collar!
    • Make Prada a travel dog bed to keep in the car for her and our Starbucks runs.
    • Look for a new end table - see another dog bed in my future.

    Well, that should keep me busy.  I do REALLY need to get my butt to the gym, ugh I have just lost that motivation.

    Yesterday Prada received her first beautiful Martindale collar!!  She looks stunning if I do say so myself!



     
    Little iHop was feeling a little left out as I was taking photos of Prada -
     
     
    Have an awesome weekend!!  We will be busy cooking, relaxing and maybe staying dry (might be rain in our weekend!).
     
    
     

    1 comment:

    1. I really want to make some Baingan Bahrta this weekend.

      Prada's collar is beautiful.

      ReplyDelete

    I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)