Wednesday, August 28, 2013

cookies and collars oh my!

It was another crazy DIY evening last night!  But first I was in need of some vegan yumminess!!  I love making these cookies as they are so quick and easy to do so.  It is also a great way to use up those bananas before they go bad!

 
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:

3 large, ripe Bananas, peeled
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon Apple Sauce
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups Oats
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
 3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir in peanut butter, apple sauce, agave, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Mix in oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Finish by stirring in the chocolate chips and coconut. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet and transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.

Recipe adapted from: 2 Peas & Their Pod

DIY Dog Collar
So, I really wanted to try my hand at making my own dog collars.  There are so many cool looking ribbons out there and when you have six (yes, six) dogs it can be a little costly to buy them as they out grow them.  I found a kit on Amazon for all of the hardware and webbing for a great cost.

Next was searching the web for some "how to" advice.  I really liked this blog and this one.  That was enough to get me started and through the project in maybe 20 minutes!  Oh the possibilities!!  My little iHop has out grown his puppy collar so this first one was for him!  A tip - if I get tired of this collar or maybe it gets dirty, cut the hardware all off so you can use again!



Tonight - the husband is making me dinner!

Happy hump day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look so good. What an awesome DIY project. I can't wait to find out what your hubby made you for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)