Tuesday, August 20, 2013

italian (vegan) sausage sandwiches - for those days when you need "naughty" food!

A couple of weeks ago my husband eyeballed some vegan Italian sausages at Sprouts and was dying to try them out.  We had planned on making pizza for last nights preseason football game and thought they would be a yummy topping, but we couldn't make it through the weekend without getting into them and trying them out.  We felt like we were being naughty bad with these sandwiches!!  They were beyond amazing!  And great with some vegan chipotle mayo and sweet potatoes fries.


Italian Sausage Sandwiches

Ingredients

2 Tofurky Italian Sausages
1 Red Pepper, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
Whole Wheat buns
Chipotle Mayo (optional)

In frying pan using a tablespoon of vegetable broth sauté onion, red pepper and mushrooms for 5-7 minutes.  I cooked my sausages right along side, but you could also grill.  Place cooked sausage into bun and top with veggies.  Add chipotle mayo or condiment of your choice. Enjoy!


Over the weekend I wanted to play with a yummy fall recipe of mine, and I was also SO excited that I was able to make my famous Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies VEGAN!!  AND oil FREE!!!  I had comments from my husband and co-worker that they were better than the non-vegan ones!  You'll have to wait just a bit longer for that recipe as I would still like to get the sugar down some in them.

Who else is ready for fall??

On the DIY front, I am moving along accomplishing and finishing up projects!  My End Table to Dog Bed project is ALMOST finished!!  Only the cushion is left to make!!

 
Here is the end table when I found it on Craigslist.  My wonderful husband was nice enough to drive over and pick it up for me. (Happy 19th Anniversary to my darling husband!! Love you babe!)

 
And here is the bed as of yesterday!  So, happy with how it has turned out!!  Looking forward to picking out fabric today and starting the cushion.  Not sure if any of my dogs will actually sleep "in" it, but it's pretty darn adorable to look at!!  :)
 
Hopefully Prada does not try and fit into it!  LOL!  My first snood for her is done and will look smashing on her when we are out for our walks this winter!  I have a feeling this dog will have quite the closet of jackets, collars and snoods!!
 
She is doing really well and had her first trip to the dog park early Sunday morning.  We even ran into another Greyhound!  Tonight we finalize her adoption, so excited!!  Here are a few pics from the weekend.  Have a great Tuesday everyone!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment...only if it's nice! ;)